SCHOOL BATCH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCHOOL BATCH

Locate Your Collegiate School Batch

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Hijab: My Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
muslimah
Commodore
Commodore
muslimah

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-10-08

My Hijab: My Story Empty
PostSubject: My Hijab: My Story   My Hijab: My Story Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 am

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله تعالى وبركاته

Inspired by sister's post, i decided to share with all of you my personal story on how i came to wear hijab and finally how I came to Love it. Hope you'll gain something form my short post.

When I was new to hijab...my brothers sat down with me and talked to me about hijab. And me being naive and totally ignorant as to why and how women should cover themselves up, he told me exactly what i have stated below:

He asked me: ya ukhti (of course he said my name here he2x) if you owned the most precious diamond in the world, would you leave it out in the public for everyone to look at and admire? Would you leave it where people would be able to easily steal it from you? Would you throw it on the road for everyone to step on?

Of course i answered NO.

then he said: would you not cover it in the most luxurious velvet and keep it hidden where no one can touch it or even see?

And i said Yes.

The he said: Know that you are more precious than the rarest and most expensive diamond in the world.

And of course they also gave me proofs form the Quran and also form the hadith. Alhamdulillah this convinced me to wear the proper hijab. The hijab that is in accordance to the Quran and sunnah.

I started wearing the Abaya and sheila first...then i moved on to Abayah and Khimar...and then one day....alhamdulillah I decided to wear the Niqab...I am still struggling with the gloves though hehehe...inshaALlah in time i will be able to perfect my hijab....ameen

Sisters this is all I can say...it is a journey subhanALlah...one that starts with the right intention and knowledge and one that gradually develops as your iman increases and your firm grasp upon knowledge in strengthened.

wassalmualikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....
Back to top Go down

My Hijab: My Story
Page 1 of 1