SCHOOL BATCH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCHOOL BATCH

Locate Your Collegiate School Batch

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can real islam still work?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muslimah
Commodore
Commodore
muslimah

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Can real islam still work? Empty
PostSubject: Can real islam still work?   Can real islam still work? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Assalamualikum....

As you all might know, Sheikh Yusuf Estes was in Dubai and he gave a heartwarming lecture entitled:

Can real Islam still work?

SubhanAllah it was an experience that i will never forget. I would liek to invite you all to listen to the lecture he gave. InshaAllah it will renew and give all our iman a much needed reminder.

http://kalemah.org/index.php/resources/multimedia/209-can-real-islam-still-work

wassalam....
Back to top Go down
aliziad_sali
Commodore
Commodore
aliziad_sali

Number of posts : 98
Emploi : "one GOD on creed, under the flag of laailahailallah.."
Loisirs : - at the end of time, the sun will rise from the west -
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Can real islam still work?   Can real islam still work? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:38 am

assalamualaikum..

jazakkallah khair for the web link,i was really searching for this lecture.Alhamdulillah i was part of this lecture because me and the rest of my classmates in madrasa was there to witness this event.too sad u can only count on your fingers the numbers of filipino muslims.it was all mostly pakistani and indians.wat made me surprice and happy is one of my favorite sheikh was also there sitting beside sheikh yusuf estes and at the same time also giving additional lecture about the subject.it was my first time to saw him personaly.and alhamdulillah luckily shake his hands and make salam to him..his name is sheikh al-amri.a well known lecturer about the topics like "tawheed" and "actions of the heart".. it was a pleasure to be a part of it.the lecture starts few minutes ryt after salaatul maghrib and it ended almost 10:00pm. so we end up performing our eisha prayer late on that same venue.the best part of that night was after the lectures and salah evrybody was busy going home and it was raining outside that night.while sheikh al-amri was on his way down,i was just a way behind him trying to reach his attention to make salam.but he was way too busy looking for hes left pair of shoe.so itstead of dying trying to force my self in making salam to him,i end up searching for hes shoe.and this is where the best part was.after all the searchin the left shoe was nowhere to be found,the spur of the moment came to me and i decided offering my sandals to him and he accepted my offer.he told me "i will barrow this for a while,follow me to my car and take it back.." finally i find my way shaking hands with him,exchanging salam.and finally i can say that even in a little way real Islam really still do work.

Reported on the authority of Jabir Ibn.Abdillah, that the Nabi Sallallahi alaihi wassallam said:

“LAA TA’ALLAMUL ‘ILMA LITUB-HUU BIHIL ‘ULAMA’, WA LAA LITUMAARU BIHIS-SUFAHA’ WA LAA THAKAY-YARUU BIHIL MAJAALISA, FAMAN FA’ALA DHALIKA FANNAA RANNAAR...”

WHICH MEANS: “DO NOT ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE IN ORDER TO SHOW OFF TO THE SCHOLARS, NOR IN ORDER TO DISPUTE WITH THE FOOLISH PEOPLE, NOR CHOOSE SELECTED SEATS IN GATHERINGS, FOR WHOEVER DOES SO, THE FIRE.. THE FIRE…”

Allahu akbar..Allahu akbar..Allahu akbar...

in the service of islam,
rolling stone ALI-ZIAD N.A. SALI rolling stone
( aznas0429@yahoo.com )

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aliziad
muslimah
Commodore
Commodore
muslimah

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Can real islam still work?   Can real islam still work? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:48 am

Alhamdulillah...it was indeed a magical night...Funny, heartwarming and a big eye opener...alhamdulillah.

I am glad you could make it...they have friday night reflections everyweek...last week the topic was equally amazing...i'd recommend you to listen to it when they have it on their website.

iNSHAalLA, be ithnilla, i will try to update everyone here whenever there is a good lecture in that markaz. There are two very good lecturers who always tackles issues that engages the mind and hearts...they are Sheikh riad oourzazi and sheikh bilal abdul Karim. The frequently give lectures in the same markaz and i highly recommend it. Sheikh Bilal also has a show on HUDA television whihc is quite popular amongst the youth.

By the way the mystery behind the lost slippers was solved. A brother who had to leave in a hurry accidentally wore one pair of the shoe. He called to apologize...but ti guess it was Qadr for his shoe to get lost becasue it became a reason for you to gain hasanat...and to meet your favourite shaikh...alhamdulillah..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can real islam still work?   Can real islam still work? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can real islam still work?
Page 1 of 1